Job Title: Account Manager
Location: East Lockinge, Wantage, UK
ABOUT IGNITE ENERGY
Ignite Energy implement energy efficiency and management projects for large business in hundreds of client sites in a typical year, using a combination of employed and sub-contracted workforce. Typically, several high value projects run in parallel with fast turnover and regular milestones. Customised delivery and unrivalled service and support tailored to each business is crucial to our business model. Excellent communication is key.
The Account Manager is accountable for retaining and growing a portfolio of customer accounts and developing strong customer relationships. The post holder will lead on key customer engagement, contract retention, upselling and cross-selling services.
The deliverables for this role are:
- Be directly responsible for growing and retaining an existing client base
- Oversee all client workstreams and manage resources to ensure delivery
- Act as the first point of contact for clients
- Arrange, lead and minute internal portfolio calls, addressing issues and directing the team in priority actions
- Be seen as the “Go To” for all client and internal queries
- Lead on the upsell and cross-sell of services.
- Establish strategic relationships with key decision makers at customer organisations, including senior stakeholder engagement.
- Regularly hold account management meetings and conference calls with customers.
- Manage full end-to-end contract process to successfully on-board customers onto new contracts or services.
- Liaise closely with the Supply Services team regarding on-going service delivery, assisting with the resolution of any issues.
- Contribute to monthly Account Management meetings
- Lead on new meter installations with clients and contractors
- Track customer debt positions, ensuring any issues around late payment are resolved.
- Detailed knowledge of energy markets and contracts
- Background in Account Management
- Knowledge of supply metering – electricity & gas
- Experience in new site connections/metering
- Have excellent communication skills for dealing with customers, contractors and other team members.
- Be self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel and computer literate
- Collaborate with a high degree of professionalism with colleagues and clients from different cultures and countries
- Attention to detail
- Have an aptitude for management, as much of the role involves working with or demanding response of other parties in order to deliver a good service.
- Have a strong mathematical and analytical skillset for reporting.