Job Title: Assistant/Graduate Site Manager
Business: Ignite Energy (a part of Inspired PLC)
Location: Remote working/Regional
Contract Terms: Full time
Entitlement: 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
ABOUT IGNITE ENERGY:
Ignite Energy implement energy efficiency and management projects for large businesses in hundreds of client sites in a typical year, using a combination of employed and sub-contracted workforce. Typically, several high value projects run in parallel with fast turnover and regular milestones. Customized delivery and unrivalled service and support tailored to each business is crucial to our business model.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ignite Energy are recruiting full time, permanent Assistant/Graduate Site Managers to join their growing team.
Whilst deployed on projects, the role reports to the Project Manager and is line manged by the Head of Health & Safety. It will involve travel to sites regionally and nationwide to support and monitor works carried out in the field. Overnight working will be required.
- Effective communication is key, and training will be provided for Microsoft Dynamics, iAuditor and Microsoft Teams as appropriate, as well as on-site shadowing of extant project site management
- Overall responsibility for the safe running of on-site installations and management of contractors in accordance with Ignite’s procedures, client specifications and industry standards safely, on time and to budget
- Liase with clients on site directly
- Running a safe site
- Sub-contractor co-ordination
- Client liaison
- Assessing and dealing with any day-to-day site issues as they arise
- Regular updates and communication with the Project Manager
- Full CDM2015 management including inductions, PPE, permits to work, tool box talks and any other relevant actions
- Read and comply with the company Health & Safety Policy; taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others; co-operate with managers and other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties
- Candidates for this role should have 2 years’ experience as a Supervisor, ideally within an electrical or M&E contracting environment. Or a Graduate with an engineering, construction related discipline
- A bonus if you should have experience in retail fit-out
- Highly motivated and pro-active
- Strong attention to detail
Essential (but training can be provided for the right candidates)
- CITB CSCS Card
- You should have a current CITB SMSTS qualification.
- You should have held a current First Aid at Work certificate (3 day)
- A full category B UK drivers’ licence
- Prospective candidates will also be expected to demonstrate a methodical and responsible approach to their duties, and the ability to engage productively with all levels of management
- Candidates will go through a thorough on-boarding process through which they will receive approval as an Ignite approved Assistant/Graduate Site Manager