Job Title: Bid Writer
Contract Term: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Kirkham, Lancashire
Entitlement: 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
You will be part of a professional and creative Marketing department, providing direct support to the Head of Bids. In this fast-paced and challenging role, you will assist with the planning, development and delivery of high quality, engaging bids and proposals which clearly articulate the benefits of our services to our clients. You will support a range of new business opportunities, working with cross-functional teams to ensure on-time delivery of compliant bids.
The Bid Writer will have proven skills in producing and editing content within a business-to-business environment. This includes the ability to write persuasively, and to clearly articulate knowledge in written form. You may have a background in writing policies and procedures, reports, technical solutions or experience in bid writing. You will be able to demonstrate strong writing skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively.
The Bid Writer will be experienced in writing and managing original content as well as editing existing material, participating in key review meetings, sign off and document production. Experience of co-ordinating and updating a knowledge system such as SharePoint is beneficial.
This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. Liaising with key Business, Revenue and Products Owners, you will implement all necessary bid procedures, governance and processes.
- Work with the designated bid lead to manage the preparation of all bids and proposals in compliance with client requirements and internal processes
- Deliver completed written responses against agreed deadlines, escalating issues as required
- Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, technical / product teams, finance, and operations
- Gather information and complete research on potential clients to support and develop responses, case studies and produce documentary evidence to support bids and proposals
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and improvement of the Bid Knowledge Library including case studies, CVs, policy documents, template answers etc.
- Ensure the status of all bids and proposals are captured and continually updated in CRM
- Work with Marketing to create and format/templates for presentation of bids and proposals
- Support the implementation of new business processes and procedures
- Read and comply with the company Health & Safety Policy; taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others; co-operate with managers and other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties.
We are looking for individuals who have a strong grasp of English language and grammar. You will be technically minded and bring energy, commitment and drive. You will be able to produce clear and concise professional documents with excellent attention to detail. You will have ability to build strong professional relationships and will be able to work collaboratively with others throughout the organisation. You will be/have:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent, including English and Maths at least grade C or equivalent
- Degree in any discipline is desirable
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills with an excellent standard of spoken and written English
- Assertive and confident with a proactive approach
- Excellent organisational skills with a keen eye for detail and strong time management skills
- Strategic thinker who can understand complex issues and come up with solutions
- Comfortable working to strict deadlines without compromising quality
- Knowledge of CRM systems is an advantage; however, training will be given
WHY WORK FOR US?
Inspired Energy is the UK’s leading Commercial Energy and Sustainability Advisor. Our 2,800 clients are present in every sector of society from the public sector (education, NHS, local government and social housing) to businesses with large property estates (distribution, property management, retail and leisure) to energy intensive businesses (data centres, waste and water, manufacturing and industrial) and they typically spend more than £100,000 on energy per year.
At Inspired Energy, we’re creating the environment and the opportunities for a challenging and rewarding career. In return, you’ll enjoy a supportive, friendly working environment with benefits including:
- Ongoing training and development
- Professional accreditation
- Company pension
- Sharesave scheme
- Life insurance
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Numerous Social and Charity events throughout the calendar year
- Endless incentives – from gift vouchers to early finishes
- 4pm finish on Friday