Job Title: Bid Writer
Location: Kirkham, UK
Salary: Competitive DOE
Entitlement: 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
Inspired Energy is one of the UK’s leading independent Third-Party Intermediaries (TPI) working with commercial, industrial and public sector energy consumers. Our mission is to optimise the value of every pound spent on utilities by our clients.
As a growing and ambitious business, we are seeking additional resources and skills within our Marketing team. Within our Corporate Division, we are looking for a Bid Writer to support the pursuit of new business and support client renewal activity through formal tender opportunities (RFI, PQQ, RFP, RFQ, ITT).
The Bid Writer will have proven skills in producing and editing proposal content within a business-to-business environment. The Bid Writer will be experienced in writing and managing the bid response, participating in key review meetings / final document review, content sign off and document production. Experience of coordinating and updating a knowledgebase system is beneficial.
Responsibilities include the implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main roles and responsibilities of this role will be:
- Lead sessions with bid team (made up of sales and operational personnel) members to create and manage the bid structure, content and final response
- Proactively develop and manage a network of subject matter experts
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant
- Deliver completed written responses against agreed deadlines, escalating issues as required
- Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, technical / product teams, finance, legal and operational
- Present all new bid content to the knowledgebase manager for potential re-use
- Update internal CRM systems
The successful candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent, including English and Maths at least grade C or equivalent
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent (Desirable)
- Qualifications relevant to the position (Desirable)
- Minimum 2 years bid/proposal/tender writing/copywriting experience but further training will be provided
- Experience in working in business-to-business sales/marketing environment
- Strong time management / prioritisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent standard of spoken and written English
- Strategic thinker who can understand complex issues and come up with solutions