Job Title: Carbon Specialist
Contract Term: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Kirkham, UK or Homebased
Entitlement: 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
ABOUT INSPIRED ENERGY
Inspired Energy is one of the UK’s leading independent Third-Party Intermediaries (TPI) working with commercial, industrial, and public sector organisations. Our mission is to optimise the value of every pound spent on utilities by our clients through our innovation and dedication to client service, so our clients can focus on the growth of their business.
You will support our industrial, commercial and public sector customers in understanding and disclosing their full carbon footprints and in developing effective strategies for setting and achieving ambitious carbon reduction targets. You will also support the development of our services in this area and have input into external communications activities.
- Carry out data analysis and report production in the delivery of strategic carbon management and reporting services, with focus on:
- Scope 3 Inventories
- Net Zero Strategy development
- Science Based Targets, CDP and TCFD
- Collate and analyse technical and financial data on energy & carbon reduction solutions to provide practical and commercial information to customers
- Develop analytical tools and communications materials to support delivery of services
- Carry out research and analysis to develop our evidence base in carbon & net zero and input into external communications
- Attend internal and customer meetings / videoconferences as required, managing the communication of progress updates internally and with customers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Degree in STEM discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Awareness of and interest in climate change mitigation and Net Zero strategies and the global and national policy drivers
- Ability to process complex technical data and concepts into client-ready information
- Advanced user of the Microsoft Office Suite, notably specialist in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to project manage small consultancy projects
- 3+ years of experience in consultancy or analytical roles, focusing on energy, carbon or broader environmental management (flexible for the right candidate).
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable energy technology and carbon offset mechanisms, and how they contribute to decarbonisation
- Experience of carbon footprint calculations including Scope 1 +2 and SECR reporting
- Experience of producing Scope 3 Inventories for large organisations
- Experience of advanced carbon reporting & compliance schemes such as CDP
- Experience of environmental and/or carbon footprint data verification/ assurance
- Experience of energy, financial or environmental data modelling e.g., emissions or energy price projections.
Successful candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Positive attitude, with integrity & strong self-motivation
- Willing to continually learn and develop skills
- Ability to efficiently analyse energy and carbon data and develop recommendations
- Ability to proactively research complex subjects and form succinct conclusions and recommendations
- Able to follow good analytical practice by documenting assumptions & methodology, maintaining version control, building easy-to-audit spreadsheets and keeping documentation organized.
- Effective face-to-face communicator with a professional approach
- Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to organize workload to meet tight deadlines and prioritise activities
- The successful candidate must be willing to travel occasionally with potential for overnight stays
WHY WORK FOR US?
At Inspired Energy, we’re creating the environment and the opportunities for a challenging and rewarding career. In return, you’ll enjoy a supportive, friendly working environment with benefits including:
- Training and development opportunities
- Company pension
- Flexible work hours
- Sharesave scheme
- Life insurance
- 4pm finish on Friday