Job Title: Carbon Specialist
Term: Full Time
Location: Kirkham, UK or Home Based
Entitlement: 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
You will support our industrial, commercial and public sector customers in understanding and disclosing their full carbon footprints and in developing effective strategies for setting and achieving ambitious carbon reduction targets. You will also support the development of our services in this area and have input into external communications activities.
The main roles and responsibilities of this role will be:
- Carry out data analysis and report production in the delivery of strategic carbon management and reporting services, with focus on:
- Scope 3 Inventories
- Net Zero Strategy development
- Science Based Targets, CDP and TCFD
- Collate and analyse technical and financial data on energy & carbon reduction solutions to provide practical and commercial information to customers
- Develop analytical tools and communications materials to support delivery of services
- Carry out research and analysis to develop our evidence base in carbon & net zero and input into external communications
- Attend internal and customer meetings / videoconferences as required, managing the communication of progress updates internally and with customers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in STEM discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Awareness of and interest in climate change mitigation and Net Zero strategies and the global and national policy drivers
- Ability to process complex technical data and concepts into client-ready information
- Advanced user of the Microsoft Office Suite, notably specialist in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to project manage small consultancy projects
- 3+ years of experience in consultancy or analytical roles, focusing on energy, carbon or broader environmental management (flexible for the right candidate).
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable energy technology and carbon offset mechanisms, and how they contribute to decarbonisation
- Experience of carbon footprint calculations including Scope 1 +2 and SECR reporting
- Experience of producing Scope 3 Inventories for large organisations
- Experience of advanced carbon reporting & compliance schemes such as CDP
- Experience of environmental and/or carbon footprint data verification/ assurance
- Experience of energy, financial or environmental data modelling e.g., emissions or energy price projections.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Positive attitude, with integrity & strong self-motivation
- Willing to continually learn and develop skills
- Ability to efficiently analyse energy and carbon data and develop recommendations
- Ability to proactively research complex subjects and form succinct conclusions and recommendations
- Able to follow good analytical practice by documenting assumptions & methodology, maintaining version control, building easy-to-audit spreadsheets and keeping documentation organized.
- Effective face-to-face communicator with a professional approach
- Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to organize workload to meet tight deadlines and prioritise activities
- The successful candidate must be willing to travel with occasional overnight stays
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR US?
Inspired plc is the UK’s leading energy and sustainability advisor with presence across all commercial, industrial, and public sectors. It combines the resources and influence of a publicly listed PLC with a fast moving, entrepreneurial ethos and market leading energy data management capabilities.
We are seeing unprecedented interest and business growth in the Net Zero area, and this role is an opportunity to influence major energy users across all sectors to decarbonise their operations and reduce their environmental impacts.
You will be part of a unique organisation that covers a huge range of energy and carbon management activities; from procurement of green energy and offsets, carbon compliance and ESG reporting, metering and new connections, to energy efficiency, water management and renewable generation site works.