Job Title: Customer Service Apprentice
Location: Kirkham, UK
Entitlement: 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
Salary: Apprenticeship standard pay
Contract: Full time/Part time
This could suit apprentices in any of the following categories:
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To support the Customer Account Management function within the Public Services team. The focus is to ensure procurement processes operate smoothly and compliantly to deliver a high-quality customer service experience.
To provide timely, focused and professional advice and support ensuring our customers and suppliers have the information required to enable them to deliver their energy and carbon reduction ambitions appropriately.
To contribute to the development of further competition processes that ensure we and our customers execute further competitions lawfully and compliantly and without legal challenge.
This is a rewarding role that sees real results helping new and returning customers with their energy and budget management requirements.
- To work closely alongside the customer account management team to deliver support and advice to customers on energy procurement, energy efficiency and sustainability matters and provide a responsive, pro-active energy management and procurement service.
- To help ensure that the function operates consistently and effectively in the implementation and application of all team and legislative procedures and policies.
- To support efficient and accurate further competition administration processes including advertisements, document checks (such as insurance etc), evaluation, clarification questions and pricing support on behalf of customers.
- Manage Further Competition priorities, co-ordinating workloads in line with other activities and priorities in the Public Services team.
- To liaise with customers and suppliers about matters pertaining to further competitions, highlighting any risks to the account management team immediately.
- To take an active role in Inspired public procurement processes and portal administration and helping customers and suppliers to access the e-procurement portal (mytenders) as required.
- To upload and update information in our Customer Relationship Management software (Sugar), providing reports and information when requested and assisting the customer account managers with data analysis.
- To help make sure the Inspired customer service is fit for purpose and provides quality support, ensuring that any billable works are highlighted to the Director in a timely manner.
- To keep up to date with information and development opportunities appropriate to the role and function in energy procurement, maintaining high standards of professional service.
- Ensuring services are delivered in line with relevant legislation and Inspired policies including those relating to Equality and Diversity, Customer Service and Health and Safety.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post.
- Read and comply with the company Health & Safety Policy; taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others; co-operate with managers and other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties.
Planning and Organisation
Further Competitions under Public Procurement rules must meet regulatory compliance standards and legislative deadlines. There could be serious consequences for Inspired Energy if these are not met.
The remit of this role contributes to the need for first class planning and organisational skills. The team provide internal and external advice and whilst the Account Managers and Director retain responsibility for customer communications, this role helps to ensure the team provides the level of service required and that deadlines are adhered to.
Public Procurement rules and good business practise require electronic and paper records to be maintained in a catalogued and easily referenced manner.
Building internal and external relationships to maintain long-term supportive partnerships and ensure customer needs are met.
Get involved in the decision-making process regarding supplier selection, commercial terms and contract awards and help the wider team to develop new procurement products and services.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- An excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel essential)
- Minimum 5 GCSEs A-C grade including Maths and English
- Experience working in a customer-focussed environment
- Experience providing advice and information to customers and prospects on complex matters
- Interest in and willingness to learn about energy procurement, resource efficiency and sustainability
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) software, ideally Sugar CRM
- Experience in the utilities industry
- Experience in public sector procurement (OJEU)
This is an entry-level supporting role in a team where every member has a contribution to make to help the department be successful in meeting its objectives.
The post holder will be expected to do their job efficiently and contribute to the continuous improvement culture and values of Inspired Energy Public Services.
In return, the right candidate can look forward to a varied and dynamic role in a rapidly evolving sector with plenty of opportunity to develop skills in procurement, energy management and sustainability.