Job Title: ESG Analyst
Contract Term: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Kirkham, UK or Homebased
Entitlement: 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
ABOUT INSPIRED ENERGY
Inspired Energy is one of the UK’s leading independent Third-Party Intermediaries (TPI) working with commercial, industrial, and public sector organisations. Our mission is to optimise the value of every pound spent on utilities by our clients through our innovation and dedication to client service, so our clients can focus on the growth of their business.
You will support the preparations of ESG disclosures to our industrial, commercial, and public sector customers, from TCFD, CDP, PRI, and other ESG Disclosure frameworks i.e., GRI, SASB, GRESB. In addition, you will support the ESG team to create effective client strategies for setting and achieving ambitious carbon reduction targets and other ESG impacts. Finally, you will support the development of client solutions to develop ESG services and ensure they remain market leading as this market evolves.
- Support in conducting data analysis and report production in the delivery of strategic ESG and reporting services, with focus on:
- TCFD, Climate Scenarios, CDP and other ESG Disclosures and Assessments
- Net Zero Strategy development and Science Based Targets
- Support in collating and analysing technical and financial data on environmental, social and governance solutions to provide practical and commercial information to customers
- Conduct research and analysis to develop our evidence base in climate scenarios, carbon & net zero and input into external communications
- Attend internal and customer meetings / videoconferences as required, managing the communication of progress updates internally and with customers.
Successful candidates will possess the following attributes:
- Positive attitude, with integrity & strong self-motivation
- Attention to detail
- Willing to continually learn and develop skills
- Ability to proactively research complex subjects and form succinct conclusions and recommendations
- Able to follow good analytical practice by documenting assumptions & methodology, maintaining version control, building easy-to-audit spreadsheets, and keeping documentation organized.
- Effective face-to-face communicator with a professional approach
- Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to organize workload to meet tight deadlines and prioritise activities
- The successful candidates must be willing to travel occasionally with potential for overnight stays
- Read and comply with the company Health & Safety Policy; taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others; co-operate with managers and other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Degree in STEM / Humanities discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Awareness of and interest in ESG, climate change mitigation and Net Zero strategies and the global and national policy drivers
- Ability to support processing complex technical data and concepts into client-ready information
- Advanced user of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong report writing capabilities
- Ability to work across multiple projects
- 2+ years of experience in consultancy or analytical roles, focusing on ESG, carbon or broader environmental management
- Knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable energy technology and carbon offset mechanisms, and how they contribute to decarbonization
- Product life cycle assessment
- Experience of carbon footprint calculations including Scope 1 +2 and SECR reporting
- Experience of producing Scope 3 Inventories
WHY WORK FOR US?
Inspired plc is the UK’s leading energy and sustainability advisor with over 3,400 client’s presences across all commercial, industrial, and public sectors. It combines the resources and influence of a publicly listed PLC with a fast moving, entrepreneurial ethos, and market leading data management capabilities.
We are seeing unprecedented interest and business growth in the ESG and Net Zero area, and this role is an opportunity to influence major companies across all sectors to decarbonise their operations and reduce their environmental impacts.
You will be part of a unique organisation that covers a huge range of energy and carbon management activities; from procurement of green energy and offsets, carbon compliance and ESG reporting, metering, and new connections, to energy efficiency, water management and renewable generation site works.
At Inspired Energy, we’re creating the environment and the opportunities for a challenging and rewarding career. In return, you’ll enjoy a supportive, friendly working environment with benefits including:
- Training and development opportunities
- Company pension
- Flexible work hours
- Sharesave scheme
- Life insurance
- 4pm finish on Friday