Job Title: Health & Safety Coordinator
Location: Either Oxfordshire or Harrogate
Contract Terms: Full time
Entitlement: 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
ABOUT IGNITE ENERGY
Ignite Energy implement energy efficiency and management projects for large business in hundreds of client sites in a typical year, using a combination of employed and sub-contracted workforce. Typically, several high value projects run in parallel with fast turnover and regular milestones. Customised delivery and unrivalled service and support tailored to each business is crucial to our business model. Excellent communication is key.
Ignite Energy are looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join the growing Team at Ignite Energy. The role will be predominantly contacting and maintaining contact with our existing and new contractors regarding Working Safely.
The Health and Safety Coordinator role:
› Liaise with colleagues to maintain requisite H&S qualifications for role. Liaise with contractors/suppliers, ensuring compliance with requisite H&S qualifications for role.
› Review H&S documentation & escalate when necessary.
› Be the point of contact and coordinate for external Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ) and H&S data review based on requests from our internal stakeholders.
› Review our contractors based on the annual PQQ review.
› Run regular reports from MS Dynamics, ensuring compliance and meeting the needs of internal stakeholders.
› Meet/exceed KPI and SLA targets for planned deployment of contractors.
› Suggest and contribute to improvements and changes to our current processes.
› Book and coordinate H&S training in accordance requisite H&S qualifications for role.
› Schedule, minute & assign actions/deadlines for H&S Committee Meetings.
› Maintain existing external compliance accreditations.
› Read and comply with the company Health & Safety Policy; taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others; co-operate with managers and other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to multitask and work towards established deadlines.
- Confident with data entry with accuracy and high attention to detail.
- Confident telephone manner with excellent soft & negotiation skills with the ability to offer solutions while speaking to contractors.
- Have a good judgment to recommend changes / initiate next steps while reviewing H&S compliance documents / following compliance processes.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and process-driven at the same time.
- Competent with the MS package, Outlook, Excel, Teams, Sharepoint.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Liaising with contractors experience.
- Prior experience of working in a retail fit out/electrical engineering sector
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualifications level 2 or 3
- This is an entry-level role and prior experience in Health & Safety compliance is not essential, however, previous experience in H&S & how to manage H&S requirements would benefit the position.