Job Title: Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator
Contract Terms: Full time
Entitlement: 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
ABOUT INSPIRED PLC:
Inspired plc is the UK’s leading energy and sustainability advisor with presence across all commercial, industrial, and public sectors. It combines the resources and influence of a publicly listed PLC with a fast moving, entrepreneurial ethos and market leading energy data management capabilities.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Read & comply with the company Health & Safety (H&S) Policy; taking reasonable care for the H&S of themselves and others; co-operate with managers & other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties
• Review & develop H&S documentation
• Ensuring consistent implementation of H&S guidelines for low risk and high-risk operations (i.e. Optimisation Team/Engineers)
• Identify, organises routine training on H&S matters for the staff of the organization including Tool Box Talks/Inductions/training.
• Maintain existing external compliance accreditations
• Record any/all safety-related issues within the organisation and makes sure that corrective measures are taken.
• Schedule, minute & assign actions/deadlines for H&S Committee Meetings and Employee Engagement Committee
• Identify issues/concerns and reporting them to line manager and the Director of Integration and Compliance
• Organises accident investigation processes which may involve liaising with external consultants.
• Monthly Board Reporting to line manager and the Director of Integration and Compliance
• Monitors & liaises with employees’ and employer’s ensuring compliance to safety policies and/or guidelines; Intervenes in correcting unsafe work practices
• Be the point of contact and coordinate for external Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ) and H&S data review based on requests from our internal stakeholders
• Review our contractors based on the annual PQQ review
• Perform office tours for new staff at the Kirkham Head Office (and ensuring consistency across the Group)
• Visit all locations to ensure fully compliant with our H&S policies and procedures
• Supporting HR and other areas of the business on general Health & Safety advice and guidance
• Ad Hoc Projects
- Possess a degree or appropriate H&S qualification
- IOSH/NEBOSH qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and process-driven at the same time
- Must have vast experience in policy drafting/formulation and administration of safety policies
- Possession of excellent communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task in the face of many responsibilities/duties
- Competent with the MS package, Outlook, Excel, Teams, Sharepoint.
- Must possess a high level of problem-solving abilities at all times
- Liaising with contractor’s experience