Job Title: Leak Detection Engineer
Contract Terms: Full time
Entitlement: 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
ABOUT INSPIRED PLC:
Inspired plc is the UK’s leading energy and sustainability advisor with presence across all commercial, industrial, and public sectors. It combines the resources and influence of a publicly listed PLC with a fast moving, entrepreneurial ethos and market leading energy data management capabilities.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
On site Leak Detection is an industry leading in-house service that Inspired Energy offer it’s customers, which strengthens the services provided in Remote Monitoring. The team are responsible for identifying, arranging and attending sites to find and fix leaks. Reporting to the Senior Siteworks Consultant, the successful candidate will be expected to travel to customer sites and instigate find and fix methods to repair water leaks.
- This is an on-site role carrying out investigations and excavations where necessary, using leak detection equipment to identify the source of water leaks.
- Meet customer contacts at sites identified as having water leaks and undertake investigative works to trace and repair the leak where possible.
- The successful candidate will need to be willing to stay away from home regularly through the working week as jobs can be located throughout the UK and will be a mixture of day jobs and longer stays.
- Daily site report of works undertaken, including meter reads taken, photographic evidence of leaks and repairs undertaken and description of activities undertaken and next steps.
- Ongoing submission of job sheets to accounts department to ensure that jobs are being correctly invoiced.
- Ensure leak detection equipment is kept in good working order
- Responsibility for daily operation of company vehicle to make sure Van is fit for road use, kept clean and well maintained. A checklist will be provided and must be completed at the end of each month. This will include but not be limited to the following: –
- Oil and fluid levels
- Tyre wear and pressure levels
- Service interals
- MOT renewal
- Appropriate Breakdown cover
- Provision of fire extinguisher, first aid kit, breakdown kit (all within expiry dates)
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
- Source and arrange overnight accommodation where necessary (recovering through submission of expense receipts) for large jobs or those not within safe commuting distance from home.
- Read and comply with the company Health & Safety Policy; taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others; co-operate with managers and other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties.
- Full, clean, UK driving licence
- Physical fitness
- On-site experience
- Experience reporting investigation findings
- Existing and relevant industry relationships