Job Title: Portfolio Executive
Location: East Lockinge, Wantage, UK
ABOUT IGNITE ENERGY
Ignite Energy implement energy efficiency and management projects for large business in hundreds of client sites in a typical year, using a combination of employed and sub-contracted workforce. Typically, several high value projects run in parallel with fast turnover and regular milestones. Customised delivery and unrivalled service and support tailored to each business is crucial to our business model. Excellent communication is key.
The Portfolio Executive role contributes to service delivery to several customers, for services including Procurement, Bill Validation, Finance Reporting, Metering and CRC. Working with a Portfolio Team to assist with the delivery of the services across customers, a Portfolio Executive develops the skills over time to work more independently and take on more responsibility for client delivery.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Customer Service
- Dealing with customer queries and requests in a professional and efficient manner.
- Maintaining the portfolio based on information provided by the customer and other third parties.
- Procurement (where supplied to customer)
- Assisting the Procurement team providing necessary information for utility contracts.
- Managing acquisitions and disposals for existing contracts.
- Bill Validation
- Processing utility billing
- Performing or contributing to regular validation runs to identify whether billing contains errors and required challenging.
- Submitting regular batches of validated invoices to the customer to pay.
- Ensuring invoices are paid within terms, communicating remittance information to suppliers.
- Supplier account management, liaising with suppliers to ensure payments are correctly allocated and debt positions are managed.
- Resolving challenges and obtaining refunds/credits (savings), meeting a stated savings target to ensure the customer is saving at the anticipated level.
- Analysing and querying historic billing to recover overcharging, including site investigations if necessary, delivering savings against target for contract income (shared savings)
- Metering (where supplied to customer)
- Assisting with the management of new metering, including site scheduling.
- Supporting with the maintenance and data collection of metering portfolio once up and running.
- Adding/removing supplies from relevant MOP and DC contract.
- Other responsibilities
- Read and comply with the company Health & Safety Policy; taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others; co-operate with managers and other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties.
Candidates for Portfolio Executive are expected to:
- Ideally have familiarity with the utility industry and its terminology.
- Have a mathematical and analytical skillset understanding for reporting.
- Have excellent communication skills for dealing with customers, contractors, and other team members.
- Be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel and computer literate.
- Experience within a finance accounts role would be beneficial
- Well-presented and professional.