Job Title: Portfolio Manager
Location: East Lockinge, Wantage, UK
ABOUT IGNITE ENERGY
Ignite Energy implement energy efficiency and management projects for large business in hundreds of client sites in a typical year, using a combination of employed and sub-contracted workforce. Typically, several high value projects run in parallel with fast turnover and regular milestones. Customised delivery and unrivalled service and support tailored to each business is crucial to our business model. Excellent communication is key.
The Portfolio Manager is responsible for service delivery to the Portfolio Team Manager and the quality of work delivered to the client. Working alongside the Portfolio Team to manage and maintain the portfolio; in addition, the Portfolio Manager is responsible for high level reporting such as consumption reports, financial accruals and budgets.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Customer Service
- Dealing with customer queries and requests in a professional and efficient manner.
- Attending customer/supplier meetings alongside the Portfolio Team Manager.
- Providing reports and commentary required by the customer as part of the service deliverables.
- Procurement (where supplied to customer)
- Assisting the Procurement team providing necessary information for utility contracts.
- Managing acquisitions and disposals for existing contracts.
- Bill Validation
- Performing or supervising regular validation runs to identify whether billing contains errors and requires challenging.
- Ensuring invoices are paid within terms and remittances are communicated to suppliers.
- Supplier account management, liaising with suppliers to ensure payments are correctly allocated, debt positions are managed and additions/removals from the portfolio dealt with correctly.
- Resolving challenges and obtaining refunds/credits (savings), meeting a stated savings target to ensure the customer is saving at the anticipated level.
- Analysing and querying historic billing to recover overcharging, including site investigations if necessary, delivering savings against target for contract income (shared savings).
- Finance Reporting (where supplied to customer)
- Producing utility budgets for customers based on consumption, contract rates historic billing and other available data.
- Producing monthly or regular accruals data, including current month accrual and historic accruals to be held based on billing received and reconciled.
- Producing other reports as required including consumption data for annual report, site or brand performance reports, best/worst sites etc
- Annual Reporting (where supplied to customer)
- Compiling all data necessary for CRC submissions to be made accurately and in compliance with reporting rules.
- Carrying our analysis of potential cost of CRC and reporting to customer.
- To complete customer specific annual reports.
- Metering (where supplied to customer)
- Project managing the installation of AMR meters, sub-meters and loggers where necessary and agreed with the customer.
- Communicating with third parties to ensure the project delivery timetable and customer expectations.
- Overseeing maintenance and data collection of metering portfolio once up and running.
- Adding/removing supplies from relevant MOP and DC contract.
- Read and comply with the company Health & Safety Policy; taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others; co-operate with managers and other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties.
Candidates for Portfolio Manager are expected to:
- Be familiar with the utility industry and terminology.
- Have a strong mathematical and analytical skillset for reporting.
- Have an aptitude for relationship management and excellent communication with suppliers, customers and other third parties.
- To have the ability to be professional when communicating with the wider Portfolio Team.
- Be self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel and computer literate.
- Well-presented and professional.