Job Title: Procurement Solutions Manager
Location: Flexible, Home or Office
Contract Terms: Full time
Entitlement: 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
ABOUT INSPIRED PLC:
Inspired PLC is the UK’s leading energy and sustainability advisor with presence across all commercial, industrial, and public sectors. It combines the resources and influence of a publicly listed PLC with a fast moving, entrepreneurial ethos and market leading energy data management capabilities. Our purpose is to support businesses to manage their energy and water costs effectively and to help them deliver their net zero targets.
This role exists to support customers in the procurement of energy, water and related products and services within both public sector and large industrial and commercial organisations; including high- street retailers, national infrastructure providers and blue-chip companies.
It involves both hands-on procurement and consultancy support. The hands-on work involves tendering, negotiation, setting up framework agreements and supply agreements and managing supplier performance. The consultative side will see you working alongside sustainability teams to develop sustainable procurement strategies and social impact monitoring plans.
The successful candidate will also have some managerial responsibilities organising resources, time and people to enable successful delivery, co-ordinate schedules and support colleagues, both for new business and throughout the contracting process.
This is an ideal opportunity for a Category Manager or talented Buyer looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced and multi-disciplinary environment. You will work alongside energy commodity risk managers, customer service and account management specialists and sustainability practitioners to support new and existing customers with utilities procurement, energy solutions and environmental management and help open opportunities.
You will also get involved in projects to support customer retention including customer-facing events.
This is a rewarding role that sees real results building relationships and helping new and returning customers with their utilities, procurement and sustainability requirements.
The person coming into this role will be a critical part of a small team serving as a force for good by helping customers manage the cost and social value related to utilities contracts and other related procurement decisions.
Initially, the work is mainly with the public sector and high-end industrial and commercial customers although contact with smaller businesses may also occur depending on client and business needs.
You must have:
- Full member or studying towards membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or other appropriate professional institute
- Demonstrable track record of managing and delivering full end-to-end procurement activities (i.e. from initial scoping to post-procurement contract management) in a fast-paced environment
- Strong contract drafting, negotiation and associated risk management skills including the management of supplier KPIs and contract performance
- Experience providing high-quality internal and external customer service, including handling incoming enquiries, supporting contract or service reviews and providing status updates.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with suppliers, service users, senior managers, category teams and other key partners and stakeholders
- Great communication and organisational skills
- Working literacy with Microsoft Office 365, especially Word and
- Experience keeping Contract Management and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) records updated – our contracting software is in-tend and our CRM is Sugar.
- Working knowledge of the Public Contract Regulations
- Working knowledge of sustainable procurement and social value standards including ISO20400 and the Social Value Act.
- Knowledge of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and an understanding of how these apply to business in practise
- Personal interest in and support of global environmental and social impact initiatives such as the fight against climate change
The successful candidate will be a proven communicator who can demonstrate the ability to successfully support engineers, consultants and managers to deliver customer-facing projects.
- To run Tender and RFP processes, analyse responses with internal and external stakeholders, submit Tender Recommendation reports and to support the Account Managers through a supplier transition This to be delivered with a “customer first” mentality prioritising long- term relationships over “quick win” sales.
- To review customer procurement strategies, help identify cost reduction opportunities and deliver savings for our customers through the appropriate legal framework (where applicable) and methodology: tendering, negotiation, supplier management, service enhancement, internal controls,
- To develop category products and contract expertise within the team through market analysis and collaborative working practises.
- To manage suppliers, set up reporting and KPIs and ensure that the service received matches the standards of the framework agreement and/or the requirements of our customer
- To upload and update information in our Customer Relationship Management software (Sugar), providing regular activity, project highlight reports and KPI
- To obtain customer feedback and market intelligence to help inform the development and continuous improvement of products and services, highlighting any known business threats or opportunities to the senior management
- To play an active role in decision making regarding service development, supplier selection, commercial terms and Contract Awards, prioritising customer needs at all times.
- Ensuring services are delivered in line with relevant legislation and Inspired policies including those relating to Social Value, Equality and Diversity, Customer Service and Health and Safety and that you uphold the values of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post.
Read and comply with the company Health & Safety Policy; taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others; co-operate with managers and other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties.
This is a multi-faceted role working with colleagues across a range of disciplines including procurement, sustainability, education, marketing, account management and energy optimisation.
The post holder will be expected to do their job efficiently and contribute to the continuous improvement culture and values of Inspired PLC.
In Inspired’s Regulated Services division, we look for skills and experience but just as important to us are your ethics and behaviours. This role would be suitable to a person who:
- Is a team player
- Is able to influence and inspire
- Has a positive outlook and a growth mindset,
- Reflects on their experiences and constantly seeks to improve
- Is a proactive problem-solver
- Has excellent presentations skills both written and verbal
- Displays respect, helpfulness and co-operation to colleagues and customers
- Has the ability to communicate with people from a range of socio-economic backgrounds
- Will be a great ambassador for the Inspired brand
In return, the right candidate can look forward to a varied and dynamic role in rapidly evolving sector with plenty opportunity to develop skills in project management, business development, customer service and sustainability.