Job Title: Product Manager
Contract Term: Permanent
Location: Kirkham, UK/Remote
Entitlement: 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
ABOUT INSPIRED ENERGY
Inspired Energy is one of the UK’s leading independent Third-Party Intermediaries (TPI) working with commercial, industrial, and public sector organisations. Our mission is to optimise the value of every pound spent on utilities by our clients through our innovation and dedication to client service, so our clients can focus on the growth of their business.
The ideal candidate is an analytical team player who will be responsible for the entire product lifecycle from strategy to evaluation. They will assist the business in the formulation and deployment of innovative, market-leading products across all departments and group divisions. They will also work cross-functionally to complete product roadmaps, discover new opportunities and deliver innovative projects and services successfully for Inspired Energy and its affiliated companies.
- Gain an in-depth market, industry and competitive knowledge and seek out new product opportunities for growth, analysing trends and competitor information.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings and sector events.
- Be able to articulate our propositions both internally and to the marketplace.
- Understand our strengths and weaknesses and those of the key competition and be able to use this knowledge to support the Sales team and increase our effectiveness in selling.
- Work with all divisions to develop new products and enhance existing ones, identifying and documenting product requirements.
- Work closely with internal delivery and sales/account teams to ensure commercial feedback from the market is received and understood to improve our offerings.
- Work with external stakeholders e.g. commercial partners, to explore new products and support the setting up of partnership agreements.
- Project manage the definition, development and launch of new products including timelines, training plans, product documentation and system changes required.
- Facilitate training and support on products to operational teams, client leads/account managers and business development teams.
Commercial and technical support:
- Gain an excellent working knowledge of the product range, including hands on experience.
- Be a credible technical & commercial interface on client requirements for services and solutions and ensure Inspired has appropriate strategies to address clients’ changing needs.
- Be able to sell, demonstrate and explain any product at a reasonable technical level.
Systems and process improvements:
- Introduce innovative tools, system upgrades and collateral to support business growth.
- Support the Innovation Manager in managing and delivering key strategic projects.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Essential, educated to GCSE level or equivalent, including English and Maths at least grade C or equivalent.
- Desired, degree/equivalent of higher-level qualification relevant to the position.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in the energy sector – essential.
- Desired experience in project management and product management standards, but not essential.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work cross-functionally, and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and with the confidence to engage with different personalities and teams.
- Ability to present information and communicate calmly, with courtesy and tact, in one-on-one and small group situations, with co-workers, supervisors, clients and partner companies.
- Ability to influence others and move them toward a common vision, manage organisational change.
- Able to represent the “voice of the customer”.
- Have a strong commercial sense, aware of the principles of successful selling, and always concerned that a deal should benefit both parties.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly with good problem-solving abilities.
- High level of computer literacy and MS Office software tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of SharePoint (Desirable).
- Needs to be self-directing, results orientated, positive, determined and inclusive.
- Read and comply with the company Health & Safety Policy; taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others; co-operate with managers and other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties.
WHY WORK FOR US?
At Inspired Energy, we’re creating the environment and the opportunities for a challenging and rewarding career. In return, you’ll enjoy a supportive, friendly working environment with benefits including:
- Training and development opportunities
- Company pension
- Flexible work hours
- Sharesave scheme
- Life insurance
- 4pm finish on Friday