Job Title: Product Manager
Location: Kirkham, UK
Reporting to: Innovation Manager
Entitlement: 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
ABOUT INSPIRED ENERGY
Inspired Energy is one of the UK’s leading independent Third-Party Intermediaries (TPI) working with commercial, industrial and public sector organisations. Our mission is to optimise the value of every pound spent on utilities by our clients through our innovation and dedication to client service, so our clients can focus on the growth of their business.
The ideal candidate is an analytical team player who will be responsible for the entire product lifecycle from strategy to evaluation. They will assist the business in the formulation and deployment of innovative, market-leading products across all departments and group divisions. They will also work cross-functionally to complete product roadmaps, discover new opportunities and deliver innovative projects and services successfully for Inspired Energy and its affiliated companies.
- Gain an in-depth market, industry and competitive knowledge and seek out new product opportunities for growth analysing trends and competitor information. This will include attending and participating in professional group meetings and sector events.
- Be able to articulate our propositions both internally and to the marketplace.
- Work with all areas of the business to develop new products and enhance existing ones, identifying and documenting product requirements.
- Introduce innovative tools, system upgrades and collateral to support business growth.
- Work closely with internal delivery and sales/account teams and to ensure commercial feedback from the market is received and understood to improve our offerings.
- Liaise with external stakeholdersg. commercial partners, to explore new products, formulate plans, facilitate training and support the setting up of partnership agreements.
- Manage the definition, development and launch of new products including that of timelines, training plans, product documentation and system changes needed to support the product.
- Provide training and support on products to operational teams, client leads/account managers and business development teams.
- Gain an excellent working knowledge of the product range, including hands on experience.
- Be a credible technical & commercial interface on client requirements for services and solutions and ensure Inspired has appropriate strategies to address clients’ changing needs.
- Be able to sell, demonstrate and explain the full feature range at a reasonable technical level.
- Understand our strengths and weaknesses and those of the key competition and be able to use this knowledge to support the Sales team and increase our effectiveness in selling.
- Support the Innovation Manager in managing and delivering key strategic projects
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent, including English and Maths at least grade C or equivalent (Degree/equivalent of higher-level qualification relevant to the position desirable)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in the energy sector – essential.
- Experience in project management and product management standards (desirable)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work cross-functionally, and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and with the confidence to engage with different personalities and teams.
- Ability to present information and communicate calmly, with courtesy and tact, in one-on-one and small group situations, with co-workers, supervisors, clients and partner companies.
- Ability to influence others and move them toward a common vision, manage organisational change.
- Able to represent the “voice of the customer”.
- Have a strong commercial sense, aware of the principles of successful selling, and always concerned that a deal should benefit both parties.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly with good problem-solving abilities.
- High level of computer literacy and MS Office software tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of SharePoint (Desirable).
- Needs to be self-directing, results orientated, positive, determined and inclusive.
This job description reflects the position at the present time and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. There may be other duties and requirements to be carried out.