Job role: Service Desk Analyst
Positions: 2 available
Location: Bedford and/or Kirkham
Reporting to: Service Delivery Manager
Contract type: Permanent (with a 6 months probation period)
Inspired Energy plc is one of the UK’s leading independent Third-Party Intermediaries (TPI) working with commercial, industrial and public sector organisations. Our mission is to optimise the value of every pound spent on utilities by our clients through our innovation and dedication to client service, so our clients can focus on the growth of their business.
The Inspired Energy Service Desk is expanding to provide first line IT support to the business group. This reflects a drive towards the centralisation of service desk capability but also a need to focus on Service Delivery and the development and maintenance of Service Level Agreements. The role will include:
- Fielding income service requests (portal, telephone) – clarification, prioritisation, allocation, communication
- Resolution of service requests in a timely fashion (including end-user communication)
- Escalation of advance cases to both internal and external resolver groups (including end-user communication)
- Maintenance of service records/service catalogue
- System testing and updates
Additionally, during 2020, the Inspired Service Desk will evolve to achieve ITIL accreditation. In this respect, all Service Desk team members will be required to help the Service Delivery Manager achieve and maintain requisite standards in:
- Project management
- Resolution of on-going reliability and performance issues
- Service metric tracking
- Maintenance of Service Level Agreements.
You will be joining a new and growing team and therefore be expected to work with your fellow team members to evolve a driven, best-practice operation; your success as a collective will be measured in terms of customer satisfaction and regulation service metrics.
Qualifications and Skills:
- ITIL v2.0 accredication or equivalent is ideal
- You have around 2 years’ IT Service Desk experience with a strong affinity for software support demonstrated in an ITIL environment
- Ideally you will have been formally trained in and/or helped adopt ITIL-like practice, or
- Equivalent customer/supplier-facing experience in a help-desk/call-centre environment but can demonstrate ambition and capability in relation to computer system operations