The Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) is a mandatory energy assessment and energy saving identification scheme for large organisations in the UK.
Eligible organisations need to review their total energy consumption, including buildings, industrial processes and transport and conduct audits to identify energy saving opportunities.
Non-compliances, such as failure to submit on time, can incur penalties from the Environment Agency (EA). Penalties range from publication of non-compliance on the EA’s website, to a £50,000 fixed penalty. Fines will increase for each day of non-compliance.
Does your organisation qualify for ESOS? An accurate and compliant submission can take up to six months, so this needs your attention now.
ESOS represents the start of an opportunity to create long term energy, cost and carbon savings which can increase a client’s bottom line profit by reducing their energy overhead.
Our services include:
- Provision of a qualified ESOS Lead Assessor to complete, oversee or review any Energy Audits, to ensure they meet the requirements of ESOS, and to sign off on the overall ESOS compliance submission
- Collation of annual energy consumption, ensuring that this overlaps with the qualification date as required by ESOS
- The identification of the ‘areas of significant energy consumption’, ensuring that these cover the minimum of 90% of total energy consumption
- Advice on the best compliance method for each area of significant consumption
- Site visits as required to conduct ESOS Compliant Energy Audits
- Provision of full Site Energy Audit reports detailing all energy efficiency improvements available, and where they would be applicable to a larger portfolio, if required
- Full energy consumption profiling, made available in a variety of formats and reports from our advanced energy reporting system
- Creation and maintenance of a comprehensive Evidence Pack to store all relevant documents and information relevant to the organisation’s compliance activities
ESOS Phase 2
Compliance with the second phase of the scheme must be completed and reported to the EA by 5 December 2019.
We helped our ESOS Phase 1 clients save over £14m, with a 100% compliance record. Find out how we can assist your business by contacting our compliance experts today. Simply fill in the contact form below.
Does your business qualify? Discover more about ESOS Phase 2 here.
By submitting this form you agree for us to hold the data you have entered on our database. Your information may be used to keep you informed of the products and services of Inspired Energy plc. Your data will never be passed on to third parties without your permission.