ESOS is a mandatory energy assessment and energy saving identification scheme for large organisations in the UK. It requires the organisation to measure its total energy consumption, including within buildings and transport usage, conduct energy audits to identify cost-effective energy saving recommendations, and report compliance to the Environment Agency.
Non-compliances, such as failure to submit the compliance assessments on time, can incur a variety of penalties from the EA for the non-compliant company. These can range from publication of non-compliance on the EA’s website, to a £50,000 fixed penalty plus £500 per day.
How Inspired Energy Solutions Can Help
Inspired Energy provides a compliance service that encompasses all required aspects of the ESOS Assessment. These include:
- Provision of a qualified ESOS Lead Assessor to complete, oversee or review any energy audits; to ensure they meet the requirements of ESOS; and to sign-off on the overall ESOS compliance submission.
- Collation of annual energy consumption, ensuring that this overlaps with the qualification date as required by ESOS.
- The identification of the ‘areas of significant energy consumption’, ensuring that these cover the minimum of 90% of total energy consumption.
- Advice on the best compliance method for each area of significant consumption.
- Site visits as required to conduct ESOS Compliant Energy Audits.
- Provision of full Site Energy Survey reports detailing all energy efficiency improvements available, and where they would be applicable to a larger portfolio, if required.
- Full energy consumption profiling, made available in a variety of formats and reports from Inspired Energy’s advanced energy reporting system.
- Creation and maintenance of a comprehensive Evidence Pack to store all relevant documents and information relevant to the organisation’s compliance activities.
Please call us on 01772 689 250, and we will be happy to discuss further.