What is ESOS?
ESOS is a mandatory energy assessment and energy saving identification scheme for large organisations in the UK.
It requires the organisation to measure its total energy consumption, including within buildings and transport usage, conduct energy audits to identify cost-effective energy saving recommendations, and report compliance to the Environment Agency.
Non-compliances, such as failure to submit the compliance assessments on time, can incur a variety of penalties from the EA for the non-compliant company. These can range from publication of non-compliance on the EA’s website, to a £50,000 fixed penalty plus £500 per day.
ESOS Phase 2
Inspired Energy are now actively managing ESOS Phase 2 auditing, reporting and implementing in-house. The data preparation period began 1st January 2018, so it’s time to act now.
ESOS Phase 2 offers a number of benefits including a fresh look at site energy demands and the introduction of an energy reduction strategy.
Compliance with the second phase of the scheme must be completed and reported to the EA by 5th December 2019.
Why Start Phase 2 Now?
• Lead Assessors are a requirement, and they are a finite resource
• Beat your competition by implementing opportunities now
• Make sure your organisation is compliant
• Reduce overheads by improving efficiency
• Payment schemes to spread the cost
• Avoid a penalty for non-compliance
ESOS applies to UK organisations and their corporate groups that are large enough to meet the qualification criteria. The qualification thresholds are:
Any UK company that either:
- Employs 250 or more people, or;
- Has an annual turnover in excess of 50 million Euro (£38,937,777), and an annual balance sheet total in excess of 43 million Euro (£33,486,489)
- An overseas company with a UK registered establishment which has 250 or more UK employees (paying income tax in the UK)
How Inspired Energy Can Help
Inspired Energy provides a compliance service that encompasses all required aspects of the ESOS Assessment. These include:
- Provision of a qualified ESOS Lead Assessor to complete, oversee or review any energy audits; to ensure they meet the requirements of ESOS; and to sign-off on the overall ESOS compliance submission.
- Collation of annual energy consumption, ensuring that this overlaps with the qualification date as required by ESOS.
- The identification of the ‘areas of significant energy consumption’, ensuring that these cover the minimum of 90% of total energy consumption.
- Advice on the best compliance method for each area of significant consumption.
- Site visits as required to conduct ESOS Compliant Energy Audits.
- Provision of full Site Energy Audit reports detailing all energy efficiency improvements available, and where they would be applicable to a larger portfolio, if required.
- Full energy consumption profiling, made available in a variety of formats and reports from Inspired Energy’s advanced energy reporting system.
- Creation and maintenance of a comprehensive Evidence Pack to store all relevant documents and information relevant to the organisation’s compliance activities.
By submitting this form you are enabling Inspired Energy PLC to contact you in regards to ESOS or with any future marketing.
Please call us on 01772 689 250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to discuss further.